H&R Block

How do I import my trade history into H&R Block?

Look up your Ustocktrade Tax password.

    1. Log into your Ustocktrade account.
    2. Go to the side menu > Statements > Tax Forms.
    3. Your Ustocktrade Tax password will be displayed.
    4. Login to your H&R Block account
    5. When prompted to “Choose your financial institution,” click “Other”, type “Ustocktrade” and select “Ustocktrade Securities”.
    6. Enter your Ustocktrade User ID and unique Ustocktrade Tax password.

All users will receive a Ustocktrade Tax password even if they choose not to use this product.


How many transactions can H&R Block handle?

H&R Block Online can import up to 500 transactions per brokerage account, but may lag or provide an error depending on your internet connection or peak times.

H&R Block Desktop software can import up to 6,000 transactions per brokerage account, and supports electronic filing for up to 2,500 transactions.

 If your number of transactions are over these limits you will receive an error message and be unable to import any transactions directly into H&R Block. Alternatively, we provide a CSV file of all your transactions with your tax documents.


H&R Block may round your data—which could lead to misreporting wash sales and dividends.

In some cases, H&R Block online and desktop software may round the data imported from Ustocktrade. This is a part of their software import, so please verify the data imported into H&R Block with the information provided on your Ustocktrade tax forms. For more information on rounding, please see the IRS instructions for Form 8949.

H&R Block’s rounding may cause some values to import as $0 or some wash sales to be rounded to $0, which may not automatically import the adjustment code “W” for these transactions. Please review your imported transactions against your Ustocktrade tax forms to verify the correct code is selected.


Ustocktrade Securities, Inc. does not provide legal or tax advice. The information herein is general in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation.
Important legal disclosures (link)     
Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk